This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: T-shirts  (Read 8791 times)

Offline adam

• Plebe
T-shirts
« on: February 09, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any specific information on T-shirts in the 30's and 40's. I saw a picture on Ebay of some French Resistance fighters in Paris and one of them was wearing a t-shirt, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any specifics on them. Even specifics on military-issue shirts would be a help. I know one vendor carries a repro tropical underwear set for Landser-types, but I was curious about other (i.e. cheaper) options.

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
Re: T-shirts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
For T-shrit the common white shirt are 1930's 40's. Hanes ect at K-mart ,Wart-Mart. The white "wife beaters" are also what you can get too. I have a red colored wool bunt T-shirt from WW 2. It is a original from the 100th Infantry Division from their baseball team. That style is no longer made, very short sleaves, almost half the size of modern ones.

Pat, 99th I.D. , Erie .PA
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co. "Battlebabies"

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline IvyWolf

• Boot
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »
If you're looking for documentation, you might try the book "Everyday Fashions of the 1930s as seen in Sears Catologue" and "Everyday Fashions of the 1940s as seen in Sears Catologue". Both include pages of Mens and Boys fashions of the era that would have been available to just about anyone in the USA. You will easily see that the styles in t-shirts have changed very little.

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)