Forum > Tacticals

early war events

(1/4) > >>

Antonescu:
I know about the 1940 event in VA but are there any other 1940 events held along the East Coast?

battlebaby4:
The Dieppe Raid event in Dunkirk ,NY is somewhat early war being 1942. Not too many early war events I can think of.

Pat

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: battlebaby4 on March 08, 2008, 12:59:38 PM ---The Dieppe Raid event in Dunkirk ,NY is somewhat early war being 1942. Not too many early war events I can think of.

Pat

--- End quote ---

Pat,

This is early yes but heard that Dunkirk is no more, why? Would like to see more France 1940 and even Belgium and Netherlands. We are all stuck on Normandy 44- Germany 45. Getting old fighting the Amis (especially the AB 99% of the time).

prgeyer:
Oh sweet mercy, Rob, I wish there were some more early war events in the east.  Whenever I market my early war German unit (IR104, by the way) as the only purely 1940 unit (yes, I know there are other units out there that do 1940 in addition to their usual late war stuff) I always get e-mails back from guys saying that their units can do 1940.  But my response is always, "Okay.  When?"

By my own informal count, there are about 4-5 German units, 1-2 British units, and 1-2 French units on the east coast who tell me they do 1940.  But what does that mean when there are almost no actual 1940 events going on?

Peter

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: prgeyer on March 10, 2008, 03:21:58 PM ---Oh sweet mercy, Rob, I wish there were some more early war events in the east.  Whenever I market my early war German unit (IR104, by the way) as the only purely 1940 unit (yes, I know there are other units out there that do 1940 in addition to their usual late war stuff) I always get e-mails back from guys saying that their units can do 1940.  But my response is always, "Okay.  When?"

By my own informal count, there are about 4-5 German units, 1-2 British units, and 1-2 French units on the east coast who tell me they do 1940.  But what does that mean when there are almost no actual 1940 events going on?

Peter

--- End quote ---

Peter,

Have you guys thought about doing a 1940 event yourselves? Sometimes it takes more than just on unit to move things along. The 1940 site lists 3 German units, 3 French units, 5 British units and 1 Belgium unit. Why can't they get this moving along past the one event that is invite only? It seems with only the one tactical (invite only) isn't enough to get the time period moving along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version