Forum > Tacticals

early war events

<< < (2/4) > >>

prgeyer:
Hey Rob,

I agree with you.  I've been reluctant to run an event for various personal reasons.  But I think that if a German unit can coordinate with a French or British unit to form a team to put on an event, we could get some enthusiasm for 1940 going.  We can talk off-line about this if you like.  I'm going to be meeting up with a guy in a couple of weeks who has also expressed interest in a 1940 event from the Allied side.

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: prgeyer on March 13, 2008, 09:17:23 AM ---Hey Rob,

I agree with you.  I've been reluctant to run an event for various personal reasons.  But I think that if a German unit can coordinate with a French or British unit to form a team to put on an event, we could get some enthusiasm for 1940 going.  We can talk off-line about this if you like.  I'm going to be meeting up with a guy in a couple of weeks who has also expressed interest in a 1940 event from the Allied side.

--- End quote ---

Would have to know where there are 1940 units state wise so that would be beneficial to location for an event. Any idea on how many would be interested is attending?

tleve:
hi guys ,

i know that our group would love to do a 1940 event. right now they are doing later war unit because they couldn't find units to do early stuff. count us in if you are planning an event and we will try to get there.

prgeyer:
Hey tleve, what does your group portray?  Where are you? 

Antonescu:
Well the AAR on another forum dealing with the 1940 event got shut down. Guess its best to pick it up here to discuss on how to further the 1940 aspect of the hobby.

It is known the VA event is an invite only event to keep it equal in numbers as best as possible plus the host owns the property. Now it came up when asked about SS attending that only Heer were allowed due to the SS not being there in large numbers (a member of an SS unit asked about SS attending). Another person said no to early war FJ which is understandable since mostly in Belgium and the Netherlands. Another unit asked to attend but were told no (later war was SS and early war Polizei). Another post in the thread said to put on the Heer poster impression which I pointed out one unit had it but due to administration purposes wore the sleeve eagle (though mentioned the breast eagle was worn as well). In the same thread it was mentioned that 1940 is growing which leads me to this dilema.

How can it grow when only certain units are allowed to attend and only one known event?

Seems that for one unit there is a misconception on what they were in 1940. Understand that the Allies might be low but there is not real location with their unit sites stating they do 1940 to get more involved. 2 Brits, 2 French and maybe a Belgian unit? No one knows how to even get a hold of a Belgian unit! 3-4 German units only but cold be 1-2 more I am sure (1 with only 6 members which would most likely tip the scales majorly. Maybe inviting one unit per year to get new people involved would be a start at least.

Now for the events. How can it grow with only 1 event that allows only the same units to attend? Does anyone else see a problem with only having 1 event? Another thing of no exposure that hurts. By not having more than one event would seem to be a waste of money to some people who might like to go more than once. Asked to do a 1940 event in the future but why? Seems the Allies are low in numbers (and some actually go as German instead which defeats the purpose if enough do German already). After being told no then moving ahead and doing a 1940 event wouldn't you be worried that the person you told no might do it to you or the next time they will turn down the invitation?

See the other side but not a good way to get it going if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version