This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: 6th Annual Winter Hike, 31 January 2009, Hawn State Park, Sante Genevieve, MO  (Read 4578 times)

Offline papajoad

• Boot
    • 20th Century G.I., Re-enacting Event List
20th Century G. I. Presents: 6th Annual Winter Hike, 31 January 2009, Hawn State Park, Sante Genevieve, MO, at 8:00 am

This is a way of simulating the rigorous training some elements of the U. S. Military underwent during World War II, and to have fun.   World War II uniform and equipment only, authenticity will be strictly enforced, Axis impressions welcome.  NO working weapons, training weapons OK , fighting knife, bayonet OK.

Due to the early sunset the hike will start no later than 8am at the Pickle Creek Trailhead.

This will be a 12 mile hike over rocky, mountainous terrain crossed by many small creaks.  There will be one 10 minute break for every 1 hour of March. 

Bring your own tactical lunch for the day hike, dinner after in Sante Genevieve for those who want to. 

DIRECTIONS:  Take I-55 south to Highway 32, exit #150, (Sante Genevieve), turn right, (west), 12 miles, follow signs to park entrance and to parking lot/trailhead. 

If you have never been to this State Park you are in for a treat, this place is rugged and beautiful. This hike will only be canceled if there is more than 6? of snow or bad ice, the colder the better.

R.S.V.P.: S/SGT Gary Adkins, FSSF 6-3 @: papajoad@20thcenturygi.com

?SEE YOU OUT THERE?

To see pictures of last years Hike, please go to www.20thcenturygi.com  click on Photo Gallery, 2007 & 2008 Events.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:18:45 PM by papajoad »
"Ne Obliviscuris", Never Forget
"See ya out there"

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History