This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: Common dogface GI units please bang head here!!!!!!!  (Read 7161 times)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
Common dogface GI units please bang head here!!!!!!!
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »
Maybe its just me or it  could be happening in other American Regular Infantry Division reenactment rifle squads too. A person gets a hold of me to join our squad. We talk on the phone , e-mail each other and I send out the information packet on how to become a member. I tell him that 60% of the regular equipment I have for sale here at the house to get him in faster to join us.
 Well as always, you don't hear from this person for months. He must of moved on. Today I get a e-mail that he and some other folks are joining reenacting. Great I though would be a huge boost to us Battlebabies plus thay are local people to boot.
 As I read on they didn't join us but a airborne unit 100 miles away!! What!! Yes all the work I did went down the drain.
I guess being a regular foot soldier, the majority of the American Army in WW 2 is not the same for reenacting. At most events the paratroopers are far more common then "foots" like us. The vets see it and shake their heads. I was in the 95th I.D., was in the 3rd , 1st, 7th armor , ect. ect.
 Why is their only two airborne units that everyone in this hobby flock too? Heck they are given seperate battles at major events. So elite they don't normally hang out with common GI'S. One time a para reenactor told me he and his unit don't work with folks like us. Their fight on thier own . Maybe they won the war? To get new people to join a reenactment unit maybe I'll have to rebuild my kit and unit to become a 101 or 82nd trooper. Could fib and add a airborne tab over the Checkerboard.
 Maybe its time we all too joined the masses, AIRBORNE. Where did I put my BOB movie. Time to learn every line from it.

Pat
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:22:10 AM by battlebaby4 »
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co. "Battlebabies"

Offline Zenuke

• Boot
Re: Common dogface GI units please bang head here!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
because they watch band of brothers and then get thier force fields up and become invincible on the field.

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »
I'm agreeing with you again Zenuke I and the boys are not fans of the paratroopers. They are too like you said not going to take hits, all look the same. brand new off the Wal-Mart shelf and don't really want to get dirty. Dogfaces and Germans like you do. We'll have to cross paths at a event one of theses days. Nice to see I'm not alone.

Pat

Offline Huntar

• Plebe
    • 9th Guards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
While I've never done American or German, the Germans I've fought have always said that they wish there were more Ostfront events. They would much rather fight the Soviets over the Americans for the reasons stated in the above posts and whats in the other thread.

Offline Rats

• Boot
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »
Put a "so called" e-lite tab on someone and they become superman??? I agree it's pretty sad and I groan when I see the crisp new uniforms.

That's why I'm glad my group went straightleg... I'd rather have a good rep with the otherside and "lower myself" to taking a hit.

BTW: that's also why I'm startig to do Russian. Someone has to be the underdog!!

JMO

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
It is a upsetting day when the "common foot soldier" is now the underdog at so many reenactments and living histories.
 Great to see your unit is with us "Doggies". We need support here on the frontlines.

Pat, Erie ,Pa

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)