Forum > Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA

The Gap why is it still going

<< < (3/3)

5thFJR:
i have been going to this gap event for about 12 years now and the rapid decline of this event is turning me off . i mean what a cluster @#$% , how many officers are there ? as in my day to day all chiefs no Indians lol some guy actually screamed at me for not saluting . my old arm was tooooooo tired , give it a rest , and stay home lookin in the mirror saluting yourself if thats what you need to get off loser! well other then that the gap this year was ok for me didnt leave the barracks much , bought some cool stuff and ran into friends i dont get to see that much . wish they where a little more selective with the FARB units but $ is all they really want . oh ya thanks to the federation for giving us the whole day friday to relax , bulge in the snow ya dont want to slip on the ice, imagine if they didnt let us out saturday .......REFUNDS   ;D i think not !

Sturmkatze:
A refund? From Dave "Baby Doc" Shaw, Federation-President-for-life? (\:=) Puhleeese... that might cut into Dave's profits and his ability to live throughout the next year. I'm sorry, but I haven't went since '99 (part of which I was in Cali)... I've lived in PA an hour or so away now for 3 years and I see no reason to go except for the flea market and parties.

Also, as has already been said, the battles suck shite and the authenticity bar is so low that 10 year old kids playing Sgt. Rock could pass... oh wait, I've SEEN 10 year old kids in the field at the GAP 0| I can actually remember when the Federation was an organization answerable to the membership, something that ended so Dave could continue as Federation-President-for-life; his original elevation was as a re-builder after a couple of scumbags had robbed the Federation if I remember. Oh well, no one will listen to me, but there's a reason Bob Lawrence's FIG II is SO popular... and my, it's an invite and doesn't allow farbs and bad units.

It's sad because FIG used to be cool. The battles have deteriorated even further from what they were when I went (running to the sound of the fire). The flea market was especially cool, until they decided to get restrictive and try and hose the vendors. Oh well... who am I? Just someone who won't go to this event. |0|

battlebaby4:
I am glad to see I and the "Battlebabies" arn't the only ones who feel the same about the Gap.
 We have had far better times heading West to Indiana,  Camp Atterbury was a good event. At least the National Guard help truck us to the field. Our convoy was massive with WW II and more modern NG duces. The sunrise above the convoy was impressive. If I find thoses photos will post them here.
 Why can't the PA Guard use their trucks instead of yellow buses?
 It was great to fight with the armor and vehicles instead of at the Gap . I would not pay all that money just to hang out there for the weekend and not do a battle.
 One day there will be another reenactment. I too agree with WW II units who only show up for this event,why. What do they do after the Gap is over?

Thanks--  Pat

rafecho1@aol.com:

THE GAP

You guys said it all .the Gap is like watching paint dry .I Have been reenacting for 20 years. There was plenty of action
in early years. everyone had great attitude .about the hobby now it has been getting like the army .The complaint i have about the gap and every event . the new guys that are coming in are becoming nitpickers and fighting behavior problems .Pissing games  and so forth. something has to been do with new guys .I'm done with the gap
going to new events.plus they let the out of shape guys climb steep hills For Nothing  ..You hang around in cold for nothing.. when there action.it time to  fall back like the army....Im thinking about the gap 2.. does anybody know anything about it is ? worth it .when you have reported somebody when thing get out of hand.does the federation do anything ?Or does it just get shelfed    >:( oo-P Like a reply

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version