Forum > WWII

Do we need to return to ONE National WWII Organization?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Philonivs Maximvs:
Hey, it's just human nature. We tend to subdivide and form cliques, which is the root of all conflict if you really think about it! Makes you wonder if we'll ever get off this planet in one piece.... hehe

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: Philonivs Maximvs on October 18, 2007, 02:10:14 PM ---Daniels, the only problem I have with separate org's by nationality/impression is that you will lose overall comradeship at events. After the fighting, everyone will really go off in separate corners, and even less chance to interact. It's all subdivisions..... it's bad enough that the uniforms now keep people from socializing! I've seen even GI's who "won't go hang with the Krauts". ARGH!! It's a costume, you dolts! We're all WW2 enthusiasts here. That sort of mentality only breeds it on the other side, which is probably why this grand idea won't work in the long run, unfortunately.

Sorry, I'm normally an optimist  :-\

--- End quote ---

I wear an SS and Romanian impression but you'll see me hanging out with the Russians when they are there. Also it depends on the members on the unit as well. If they are a**holes or whatever I try to avoid them since they make a bad impression with behavior/attitude just by itself.

daniels:

--- Quote from: Antonescu on October 19, 2007, 06:49:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philonivs Maximvs on October 18, 2007, 02:10:14 PM ---Daniels, the only problem I have with separate org's by nationality/impression is that you will lose overall comradeship at events. After the fighting, everyone will really go off in separate corners, and even less chance to interact. It's all subdivisions..... it's bad enough that the uniforms now keep people from socializing! I've seen even GI's who "won't go hang with the Krauts". ARGH!! It's a costume, you dolts! We're all WW2 enthusiasts here. That sort of mentality only breeds it on the other side, which is probably why this grand idea won't work in the long run, unfortunately.

Sorry, I'm normally an optimist  :-\

--- End quote ---

I wear an SS and Romanian impression but you'll see me hanging out with the Russians when they are there. Also it depends on the members on the unit as well. If they are a**holes or whatever I try to avoid them since they make a bad impression with behavior/attitude just by itself.

--- End quote ---
Well I'm still new to this WW2 thing on the "rendesvou" circit we tend to have events after show hours to help promote "iternmiingling", How about we start doing something like that at an event after the general public has gone home have a unit pot luck?

Philonivs Maximvs:
Fortunately, there are a few units out there that do things together. One of the best examples of this I can think of is 2.Panzer and the 504th PIR at Rockford, IL. Every Saturday night there, they have a big shindig around one camp or another, drink together, and split a hog. Last month, I heard they did a costume contest too! Fun, period stuff like that..... well, as period as you can get without realizing that it's Ami's & Krauts.

But we're all in the HOBBY together, so might as well be serious during the day, and let the hair down at night, eh? (unless of course it's a 24-hr immersion.... then, I can see the need for separation.)

battlebaby4:
Here is my idea. To me maybe its time for parartroopers to be with paratroopers national unit. Pure infantry with infantry ect.
 At many events these units don't get along well. I can see the bad and good in this idea. As a past CW reenactor in Western Brigade,farb units got into the ranks too no matter what we did. Heck WB was almost sued by two female CW reenactors because they were not authentic to WB standards.Wish I remembered more to the story, was a good one.
One National unit will not cover everyone.The 99th is now on our own. What was the point of being part of a National unit, we really didn't get much from it.

Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version