Forum > General Discussion

Has gas prices affected reenacting?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Sturmkatze:
yup  >:(
 ---/

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: Rockman on April 24, 2008, 08:05:30 PM ---Well, the way things have been going, it doesn't look like a good ride either way. 
--- End quote ---

It doesn't like a good leader at all ahead as well into the next elections. What has happened to those who can lead like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR? Someone has to be out there!

Sturmkatze:

--- Quote from: Antonescu on April 25, 2008, 12:24:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rockman on April 24, 2008, 08:05:30 PM ---Well, the way things have been going, it doesn't look like a good ride either way. 
--- End quote ---

It doesn't like a good leader at all ahead as well into the next elections. What has happened to those who can lead like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR? Someone has to be out there!

--- End quote ---
They don't want the hassles to their life of being president -- of having their life put under a microscope. Look at how Clinton and Bush have aged... it would suck.

battlebaby4:
Memorial Day is only a week away. With that here in PA with almost the highest State gas taxes we will be at 4.00 a gallon. Gangster Ed Rendell has a law that even if we PA folks drive less our state gas tax goes up automaticly. We have no say in it.
 For our trip to Michigan and the airshow, we're going to rent a 15 passenger van and split the gas. This is looking like the last major roadtrip for sometime for Easy Co. If gas heads over 5.00 a gallons I believe our great hobby will have alot of problems in having events. We have had to now pass on Odessa,NY in Sept. We wanted to tow my jeep there but I can't use a whole paycheck to do it.
 I don't want to sound like a" black copter person" but I feel our enemies have a new plan to defeat this country. Why blow us up instead run the country into debt. Change how we live our lives everyday. I hate to see us only reenact over the computer if we can afford it.

Pat

Antonescu:
Well this is something strange. A lot of people are blaming US oil companies for the prices rising. Now, as a kid I remember the 70's then the 80's when OPEC cut oil production, etc. So what can the US do?

1) revisit old oil sites from the 1800's/early 1900's to see about more oil; technology has changed a lot since then and the ability to reach further down is possible; would promote job growth in some areas such as KY, WV and PA for example

2) get to ND and region to begin drilling for the 250 billion of barrels we are sitting on there; new technology has made the drilling possible the the cost per barrel would be $30

3) allow exploratory drilling off shore in more areas; some of the little countries are doing it off their coasts and the government has blocked 85% from this

4) allow drilling in Alaska since there is more there to be found

Now we could all talk to the tree huggers/communists  0| who live in $1.5 million dollar homes, well paying jobs, nice cars to use enviromentally friendly methods (which I am sure they have already) or just go ahead, remove a lot of red tape, EPA ( :D) monitorization of drilling sites and get that black gold out of the ground. It is now a matter of national independence. Drill for more oil here at home and at the same time still move forward with new technology for cleaner air and new fueling methods (however with most of the corn going to ethanal production ,for which I have seen none of here, that in itself raises the price of corn products).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version