This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: 93rd Highlanders hit the road Spring 2012  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Balaklava

• Trooper
  • 93rd Sutherland Highlanders 1854 Crimean War
93rd Highlanders hit the road Spring 2012
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Drop bye Glendale Maryland at the Marietta Mansion on April 21-22, 2012 for the 20th annual (?) Marching Thru Time military timeline event.

OR - See you at the 34th annual Southern Maryland Highland Games on April 28, 2012 at Jefferson Patterson Park near Prince Frederick Maryland.

Cheerio, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858,
93rdhighlanders.com
*Please consider the environment before printing*

Offline Balaklava

• Trooper
  • 93rd Sutherland Highlanders 1854 Crimean War
Re: 93rd Highlanders hit the road Spring 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
After Action Reports:
MTT 2012 - reorganized order for unit display areas put me next to Victorians 1880s period. Nice to see 24th Regt lads up from N.C. Arrived Friday p.m., set up, and reconned to see who was about. Saturday was fair, sunny, mild and very pleasent. Crowds were kinda thin in a.m., better crowds showing up in p.m. Severe weather for Sunday Apr 22 forecast and event site manager closed event. Smart. I like that. Got home Saturday p.m. and fully unloaded truck before the first rain drop fell. NOTE: MTT site may be moved to somewhere near US 301 & MD 214 in Upper Marlboro MD. Developers / home builders want MTT event removed so they can build more $600K homes on the undeveloped land that butts up to Marietta Mansion property. Park & Planning is soft so I do see the event moving at some time in the near future, we all know the move is coming.

Southern Maryland Highland Games 2012 - A one day (Saturday) event. I set up on Friday. Reenactor units in the history area were thin this year. I got to the opening ceremony, slipped over to athletic fields & watched a rugby game (wonderful brutality !!!), dropped in on Clan MacNaughton and Clan Wallace folks to visit & mooch some of their delicious foods they bring along, hung out in camp for an hour before the 4 p.m. battle for the spectators in which I died gloriously during the aggressors advance, went over & got my cool event tee shirt, participated in the closing ceremony and as I started to pack up the camp about 5, the rain started. Took the the bell tent down in a hurry and stacked that & all my other goodies under the fly. Hung out under the fly for an hour & when the rain slackened a bit, loaded the truck and off I went.

Cheers, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858.
*Please consider the environment before printing*