This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Sharing info. on 18th c. womens clothing  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
Sharing info. on 18th c. womens clothing
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
My husband bullied me into joining this website a few days ago.  It's pretty interesting "channel surfing" through the time periods and reading postings but I'm now interested in sharing info. with other women and their interpretations.  I've reenacted for 26 years (I'm now 40) and I have done stuff from SCA (college) through the 17th c. (started last year) onward through the `18th c.(my first love) and ending with the War of 1812 (starting at age 14 and volunteering at Fort Meigs in Perrysburg, Oh).  I have reenacted up and down the east coast, throughout the midwest, as far south as New Orleans, La. and later this year into Florida, and have even hit a mountain man rondezvous way out in Pinedale, Wyoming near Yellowstone National Park.  Anyone interested in sharing some info. and experiences?   P.S.  I'm also VERY new to computers, so be gentle with me.
the flamingos are my minions.

Offline PcolaJack

• Boot
Re: Sharing info. on 18th c. womens clothing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
I am researching the early origins of "Rondezvous" as a practice of trading with frontier people.  I believe it predates the 1820 to 1840 Mountainman era that made it famous.  Does anyone have any historical information or context that can help?  If so please contact me as PcolaJack via pcolajack@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Jack Moran