This site is Gunny Approved

Linked Events

• 18thc. Market Fair, Ft. Freder: April 10, 2008

Author Topic: 18thc. Market Fair, Ft. Frederick, MD.  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Rockman

• Trooper
18thc. Market Fair, Ft. Frederick, MD.
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:23:30 AM »
April 24-27 18thc. Market Fair at Fort Frederick State Park, near Big Pool, Maryland. It is THE shopping event for 18thc. reenactors.  All sorts of period goods for sale, that encompass the 1730-1790 time frame.  Features include: Sutlers, Craftspeople, Artisans, Street Vendors, Hawkers and Entertainments of 18thc. varieties! --For more info, contact: Ft. Frederick State Park, 301-842-2155 or email srobertson@dnr.state.md.us
Howdy there!  I'm Oedipus Tex! --You may have heard of my brother Rex....

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: 18thc. Market Fair, Ft. Frederick, MD.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »
Well cool! For once it's not the SAME weekend as WWI :-) Perhaps I'll get a chance to go... of course, knowing MY life it'll be a "not" but ya never know.  yoy
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline lilkender

• Boot
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
It was pretty neat! I didn't realize there would be SO much to see... I didn't have much time to talk to the reenactors after spending a couple hours shopping. We picked up a number of items good for 16th century. This is definitely on my calendar for next year and I'll plan to go for the whole day so I can see the encampments and the fort (and I'll take more money). I was disappointed in the food selection, though, and it was a whole lot of walking.

Offline Rockman

• Trooper
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
Just got back yesterday late, after taking a little downtime after the Fair.  All in all, a pretty positive experience.  The weather started out good with a little rain mixing in as the weekend rolled on.  The breeze & sun made for some drier canvas than we might have had to pack out otherwise.  Some great vendors & crafters in attendance!  --Had to put the brakes on the Mrs.'s fabric purchases, as there really was a HUGE selection of fabrics for the reenactor to choose from.  Wish I had a digital camera to post some of the outstanding 18th c. impressions in abundance there.  But then, you really have to be there to see the whole thing.  Pretty impressive!  Already planning for next year's Fair!
Howdy there!  I'm Oedipus Tex! --You may have heard of my brother Rex....