This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: WW1 Reproduction Boots  (Read 9738 times)

Offline GRANVILLE

• Boot
WW1 Reproduction Boots
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
As a brand new member, I ought firstly to say 'hello' to everyone.
I do however come with some interesting news to any WW1 re-enactors.
For some 30 yrs the firm of William Lennon & Co have supplied me with work boots, so I am well aware of the quality of their work. several years ago I discovered that the company; founded in 1899, made boots for the army during WW1.
Over the past few months the company has considered the possibility of remaking these boots once again, using the original patterns etc. Considerable research has been done to make sure the finished product will be right first time.
I have seen a sample of what I understand was designated the B5, in reversed tanned leather, and it looks very good to me. The earlier pattern galosh (B2 I believe), is also to be produced.
One reason why authentic boots of this type are not widely available, is because hardy anyone has the skill or machinery to enable production. Still operating from the same workshops they occupied in 1914, Lennons do.
Anyone interested is advised to drop them an email via their site www.williamlennon.co.uk, so that they can provide further information, pictures and prices in due course.
All the best,

David Uptonit might not be expected that I join the ranks with much to say other than 'hello'.
Over the past few months however, I have been fortunate to be able to encourage a long established boot & shoe maifacturer to once again start production of WW1 army boots. involved in

Offline Oskar_2ndChev

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
    • KB 2 Chevauleger "Thurn und Taxis"
Re: WW1 Reproduction Boots
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »
I take it we're talking about British Army issue? Just curious.  :)
Adam Lid
aka Oskar Landschultz/Matthew Hawkins
3rd Squadron, 2nd Chevauleger
http://2chevauleger.org
Co. H, 2nd US Cavalry

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
Re: WW1 Reproduction Boots
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:57:09 AM »
Welcome GRANVILLE !
Sounds cool !!It would be great if you Keep everyone Posted on the Progress ...blnz  ;D
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"