Forum > Tacticals

Immersive Events

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stigroadie:
We have a 36hr full immersion Russian front event this weekend in the UK. There will be checks on kit with FG checking passes and soldbuch. Only allowed to use what you carry in, so foxholes and blankets for most. It's only 36hrs, the poor guys did it day after day after day. Should be a good one.

Dave1928a1:
Our unit has done some well thought out immersion events. We could use only what we could carry in. But we use a jeep and it makes it much easier.It is very interesting to dig a hole and live in it for a short period of time,its amazing how well you can do with feild inprovised cover for a fox hole and how comfortable it can be .But it is important when the weather decides to work with you instead of against you. In the 22 years I have been doing WWll I have stayed out in all types of weather.  I would rather deal with cold rather than hot weather for a Immersion tactial you can only take so much off to stay cool .Our unit does US (Big Red One) and Axis (9th SS) we endever to use what was in common use during the period we are portraying . We cook period food the way it was cooked by the common front line guy.We carry the basics ammo,water,food no sleeping bags no tents.A blanket,shelter half,or Zelt and we make do. And we alway have a blast. We have done good events at Torrance Pa., Custer Mi.,Camden Ohio. They are worth the extra time that is needed to prepare for the event.

Dave

marloes:
I think they are brilliant, more of those please.
I wrote the guidelines (see signature) to make people interact more authentic and help them think about acting out a role.
In our group everyone has to write a biography about who they are, this too helps.

odinfish:
This is actually what appeals to me most about living history. Skirmishing is great fun too but is a minor part of the role the common Landser experienced. Granted I only do WWII Airsoft-enacting due to my personal firearm restrictions, but it is my hope that this will be the level that this hobby will ultimately reach. I really envy the reenactors and their immersion events.

Mike

atlanticwallblanks:
I have honestly never seen one.  I have heard of these events, but that is it.  I would love to try this type of event. The experience would be far different than the 6 hours and back home event.

Robb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version