Forum > WWII

War Games, by Jenny Thompson

<< < (3/3)

writer78:
Thanks for the replies!  I'm attending a rev war and a WWII in the coming weeks, so I'll get more opportunities to learn about my options.  It's good to hear that there are options for someone like me trying to find a way to start out.

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: prgeyer on September 09, 2007, 11:37:08 AM ---Fair enough.  My my mother has a PhD. in cultural psychology, so I guess this stuff and questions related to it have been pounded into me from an early age.  I found the book interesting because it addressed questions that I have been asking myself about my hobby, particularly as I have chosen to portray the German side of the equasion.  While the book wasn't specific to why some people reenact WW2 German, it did address why recent conflicts are interesting to some reenactors.

--- End quote ---

True, my degree is in History and have liked military history from an early age. Not sure how that ties into why I reenact 20th Century conflicts. From my perspective they are more recent in memory and more information is still there to be found instead of Rev War which most items are long gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version