This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: History's greatest conspiracy theories  (Read 3952 times)

Offline groomporter

• Trooper
    • MacGregor Historic Games
Andrew MacGregor (aka Charles Knutson)
MacGregor Historic Games
Captain (ret.) Col. Gaffney's Regt of Foote

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
Re: History's greatest conspiracy theories
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »
We had this happen over Canton last year.

It was weird. Dozens of aircraft flying set patterns and forming a "net" of the trails.

The aircraft were too high to identify and by time I got better equipment to see them with it was too hazy.

I figured it was a military exercise and didn't worry about it.  For a week afterwards the hospitals were filled with people complaining about breathing problems.  Funny thing is, I probably have the worlds most vulnerable respiratory system and nothing happened to me - Never even thought about it until I heard about the hospitals being filled on the news.

It was cool to watch it.  No clue what they were doing or why.  Despite all the tinfoil hat theories floating around town, it was nothing more than a half hour of "wow, that's weird" .

Robb

Sorry, couldn't resist posting this one.

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
For me it is the death of General Patton. He knew too much and too many wanted him dead after the war. A new book is out on it. I'm going to have to buy it. What I heard on a talkshow made me thing even more about it.

Pat
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co. "Battlebabies"

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »
For me it is the death of General Patton. He knew too much and too many wanted him dead after the war. A new book is out on it. I'm going to have to buy it. What I heard on a talkshow made me thing even more about it.

Pat
I've ALWAYS thought the U.S. Govt. had Patton whacked. I read a book called "Brass Target" way back when... it was a thinly veiled Patton murder plot that made ya think.
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.