This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: New Luftwaffe unit!  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
New Luftwaffe unit!
« on: February 27, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »
What can I say? Another German unit?? Well, for one thing, we NEED Axis units as there are too many allied units (the good ole Band of Brothers syndrome at work). It's going to be a Luftwaffe Field Divison unit, actually, somewhat generic in that we will be able to be on both fronts (OstFront events being much more fun!). If we have to be nailed down, I'd say 17. Luftwaffe Field Divison, but ONLY if nailed down.

Why Luftwaffe Field Divison?
Well, for one thing, it's good for older guys or those not so in shape. Second, they wern't at all uniform. Okay a bit more so on the OstFront than on the West, but really, at late-War events, a serious mixture of Heer and Luftwaffe kit can be worn.

Why Join THIS unit?
Foremost because we're out to have fun. Oh, I know they all say that, but really... I am as eaten-up by authenticity as the next guy, however, I realize that we all have to go to WORK on Monday, that we all have real lives, that this is a H_O_B_B_Y and is meant to be fun! If you're miserable,you're doing something wrong. And yeah, you can "be there" w/ out being miserable.

Wanna join?
Great, we'll have a website up this week or so  :) In the meantime, feel free to PM me about the unit.
Marsh
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:13:32 PM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline SovietAirborne

• Plebe
    • Soviet Airborne
Re: New Luftwaffe unit!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »
Congrats on the new unit Marsh! I'll spread the word around.

Offline oif2vet

• Boot
    • 1.Ko, Fusilier Battalion 16, 16. Luftwaffe Field Division
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »
Outstanding we can never have enough of the underdog units.
Jimmy Nance/Feldwebel Gunter Hoffman
1. Kompanie, Fusilier Battalion 16
16. Luftwaffe Field Division

Offline Ears

• Boot
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »
this is what I have been waiting for!

Offline bugleboy1942

• Plebe
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:01:33 PM »
Where will it be located?
Bugler Alex Levine
116th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
Union Army of the Potomac
Civil War
www.116thpvi.com

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 12:04:53 PM »
Sorry I haven't replied in a bit -- I've been real busy w/ work and life. I have most of the website done and located at a secret facility (PM me for info on how to access it) as it's not-ready-for-primetime quite yet.

Okay, piss on it! it's at: http://www.reenactor.net/units/17lwfd/ I was waiting for some stuff, but WTH, let's roll!]   ;)

Anyway, the unit is going to be 1. Kompanie, J?ger-Regiment 34/17. Luftwaffe Feld Division. One of the really cool things about this impression is that you can really wear a mix and mish-mash of uniforms and kit -- the LwFD had such a horrible supply problem on the Western Front that they had uniforms and gear from the Fallschirmj?ger, Heer, and even the Waffen-SS. Looks kinda  :O>@ but is authentic and will drive the stitch-nazi "we gotta be uniform and identical" crowd nuts (okay, I'm a bit evyil). On the Eastern Front, it was a bit different, the  Luftwaffe Feld Divisions were more uniform, lots of the Luftwaffe uniform and kit items, but still, this is the ULTIMATE anti-elite impression!

Oh yeah, you asked where it's located? Well, I'm in south-central Pennsylvania, right smack inthe middle o' reenactor country... you can be from PA, MD, VA, WV, NJ, DE or even NY. Maybe even Ohio if you don't mind driving a bit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:49:21 PM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.