This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: Dieppe Raid 1942 & D-day, Utah Beach, Dunkirk, NY  (Read 6545 times)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
Dieppe Raid 1942 & D-day, Utah Beach, Dunkirk, NY
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
The 3rd Annual Dieppe Raid  1942 and D-Day, Utah Beach 1944 is on again for the 2008 season. The date will be August 15-16-17,2008.
This excellent beach battles and living history will take place in Dunkirk,NY on the shores of Lake Erie at the local lighthouse museum.
This year the 1st Infantry Division from Buffalo,NY will become the new host unit for the event. Here is their contact person's e-mail. Scott Clark , SClark1@frontiernet.com .
 Come and fight on one of the the most heavily defended beaches on the Great Lakes.(would be great to have alot of Commonwealth troops attend this year)

Pat Tarasovitch, 99th I.D. , Erie,Pa
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co. "Battlebabies"

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
Re: Dieppe Raid 1942 & D-day, Utah Beach, Dunkirk, NY
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »
They now have a active website. Check it out. The link is http://DunkirkEvent.googlepages.com/

I and the boys will be there this year to support this very different event. A great chance for a early and later war impression. It is nice to fight in two battles. With the price of most stuff going up need more BANG for your dollar.

Pat

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Report from Dunkirk,NY.
 I would like to thank the 1st I.D. from Buffalo ,NY for hosting the Invasion Event. They did their best but only a handful for local reenactors came. Total 30 plus. Again the US Navy Reserve in Buffalo did not want to honor the Veterans in their Homestate of New York. What a slap in the face of NY's vets and taxpayers. Guess  Conneaut ,Ohio and the folks there that run their reenactment really put the boots to Dunkirk and  any other event that could need Navy so-called support on Lake Erie. Too bad politics and just mean reenactors ruined another event. The only hope is Great Lakes in Chicago to help other events like in SW Michgan and their D-Day / Pacific Invasions.
  If it is back again I will support Dunkirk again--

Pat
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 10:20:31 AM by battlebaby4 »

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Hessen Antique (aff)