This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: CAF Airsho  (Read 3144 times)

Offline cco23i

• Plebe
  • "Wanna play some cards?"
    • Arizona ground crew
CAF Airsho
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:36 PM »
Here all is the info from Gena.

Hello guys! Midland AIRSHO is only 98 days away.... come on out and see me!!! It's going to be a great time! Check out the website www.airsho.org click on Living History and you'll find a registration form and guidelines. I promise we'll treat you good!!

Dear Living History Groups:

The Commemorative Air Force is once again busily preparing for the annual CAF AIRSHO 2011, presented by Western National Bank. The theme for AIRSHO is ?Red, White & Loud? the Sound of Freedom? and will be held at Midland International Airport (MAF) on October 8-9.

We would very much like to invite World War II, Korean and Vietnam Living History Groups to join us at AIRSHO and be a part of this historic weekend. We have large areas reserved for setting up encampments, as well as displaying military vehicles.

This year?s AIRSHO will take a step away from the traditional historic timeline sequence of past shows. Our goal is to showcase and compare the aircraft of WWII to the modern military aircraft of today. For example, our efforts will feature Air Force warbird fighters such as P-51 and P-40 flying, followed by a performance from the F-16; warbird heavy bombers flying, followed by the A-10 Demo Team, Navy fighters followed by the F-18. We will also feature the re-creation of the attack on Pearl Harbor with 8-10 TORA aircraft, complete with breathtaking pyrotechnic explosions. We invite Living History Reenactors to join us on the flight line with military vehicles, personnel and weapons to enhance the mock battle. The mission is to bring to the spectators a better understanding of the aircraft and people that have, and will continue, to keep our country free.

I hope we can include your Living History Group in the CAF AIRSHO 2011, as together, we bring history to life for the thousands of spectators that come to the show. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions and to work out the details.

Sincerely,

Gena Linebarger
AIRSHO Chairman
432-528-0997 cell
iblast4fun@grandecom.net

Msgt. Scott Dunkirk
AZGCLHU Inc.
WW2 Army air force crew chief
http://www.arizonagroundcrew.org/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/groundcrews/