This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: Homefront Living History  (Read 11465 times)

Offline marloes

• Plebe
    • The Netherlands 1940-1945, Study and Living History Group
Homefront Living History
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »
My group portrays Dutch Civilians 1940-1945, see the site.

Authentic Radiobroadcasts for your display;
http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles

Offline odinfish

• Boot
Re: Homefront Living History
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »
Am I missing something? What group? Do you mean the WW2 Sounds Yahoo Group?

Mike

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline marloes

• Plebe
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 06:50:38 PM »
Theres a website in my profile to our living history group, but ive now also added a banner in my signature.

Offline odinfish

• Boot
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »
Great site! I've visited before...can't understand the language unfortunately but there's plenty to look through. Nicely done imo.

Mike

Offline marloes

• Plebe
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
Great site! I've visited before...can't understand the language unfortunately but there's plenty to look through. Nicely done imo.

Mike

Cheers!
Theres a English version of the site as well, just click on the English logo or when you are already on the Dutch section click on the uk/us flag on the left.

Offline odinfish

• Boot
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:27:59 PM »
LOL...say no more. Was just viewing the English portion as I looked over to see your response. Sometimes I miss the obvious at first. :P

Mike

Offline marloes

• Plebe
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »
LOL...say no more. Was just viewing the English portion as I looked over to see your response. Sometimes I miss the obvious at first. :P

Mike

Hahaha, same here and to make things worse im a ex-blonde  ;D

Offline Philonivs Maximvs

• Trooper
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:22:56 PM »
Joeri, like I've said before, you do it right  ;D

I am going to do this too, but I need more than just me. A little "recruiting" for fellow civilians is in order.

SO, I guess this is an open call to everyone out there: if you are inclined to do European civilian impressions from WW2, let me know! I know of no organized group yet, only the loose network of friends, wives, etc that exists within each region. Here are the impressions I am personally interested in (and my thoughts on how they should be conducted):

-Displaced person (neutral): Basically, a citizen bystander of the war-torn land, home now destroyed, pushing a cart full of his most valuable belongings or hitching a ride by any means possible to get away from the front lines. This impression would be used mainly at tacticals to add background flavor to the event, or to even add confusion, and force the military from either side to deal with unarmed, innocent civilians! Children would make a great tag-a-long to the impression.

-Resistance: Just what it implies. Conducting subterfuge, guerrilla warfare, and aiding the Allies when possible. Could easily be disguised as a normal civilian or displaced person.

-Collaborator/informant: The opposite of occupied resistance. Helps the Germans with information gathering. Could also easily be disguised as a normal civilian or displaced person.

Imagination would dictate the personae, clothing, and disposition of the impression. The only authenticity regulations would be to try & speak at least some of the language which you are portraying, and to keep all clothing & ephemera to 1930's Europe. Old-style suits and proper hats for men, period dresses & hats for the ladies. Age and weight would be a non-issue, as of course you'd have people of all shapes & seasoning running around trying to survive.

Let me know!
"I drank WHAT???" ---Socrates

Offline tleve

• Reenactor
    • the living history alliance
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »
do either of you know if there are any civilians ( doesn't matter to much which kind ) that are near NJ. i would love to have more civilians then just myself at our events.
" No Good Deed Goes Unpunished "

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)