This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 6731 times)

Offline Casablanca1942

• Boot
Hello there!
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
Hey guys just thought I would stop by and say hello. Just joined. Was born and raised in Miami, Florida just moved up to DC. Was wondering where  i could find places to reenact in Virginia or Maryland, even Pennsylvania. I have no experience what so ever I dont even have the military clothes or guns to participate but sooner or later I wana jump into the action.  8)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
Okay... so you're close. What time period/impression do you want to do? Wanna do Roman? My unit will be at Roman Days in Riverdale, MD in June...
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Balaklava

• Trooper
  • 93rd Sutherland Highlanders 1854 Crimean War
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »
Aye, welcome to Reenactor.net !!! And welcome to the DC, or Maryland / Virginia areas. There is a lot to check out around here, lots going on within a couple hours drive. Just depends on what direction you go in. I suggest you get familiar with guys & gals who have been doing historical military reenacting for a while, see what their different groups offer. Whatever weapon is used for a specific time period see that you learn safety with weapons - you'll have a good time.

Best of luck in your endeavors !

Cheers, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858.
*Please consider the environment before printing*